Dermaplaning- the new way to exfoliate your face!
The latest celebrity must have facial!
Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment but none invasive with no down time. It it actually really gentle! A specialist technique is used using a small medical blade to remove the the fine vellus hair aka peach fuzz from the face along with the dry, dead skin cells, dirt and debris that can build up over time. The blade is held at a 45 degree angle and the therapist gentle moves along the skins surface scraping everything away. Dermaplaning will leave the skin feeling incredible smoother, softer, brighter and looking more radiant than ever, leaving behind that tired dull complexion the skin often has. This also leave the skin more able to absorb skin care products such as serums and moisturisers, plus make up will glide onto the skin better than ever before. Ideal treatment to have before a special occasion as skin is left super smooth and glowing or just as a monthly treatment to keep on top of exfoliation.
Dermaplaning is a 45 minute treatment and includes a skin peel and a collagen masque to keep the skin hydrated – £55
1. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types – Ideal for anyone with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However, since the procedure requires use of a sharp scalpel, those with enflamed acne should pass on it until their complexion clears up.
2. Contrary to what you might think, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker – Once your hair begins to grow back it might feel different because the hair was cut straight across, but it’s actually the same texture as before and grows at the same speed. Vellus hair will only grow back the same thickness as before, no worse.
3. There’s no downtime – Some light redness can be expected but not always. “It’s perfectly fine and common to make an appointment during lunch and go right back to work after the 45 minute treatment.
4. You’ll need to be very diligent with SPF afterward – You should always wear sun protection every day — especially when you’re outside for a prolonged period of time — but post-exfoliation your skin is especially susceptible to the sun. So, if you don’t take sun protection seriously, you might want to skip this sloughing treatment.
5. It’ll change your life as far as makeup application goes – Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since the dermaplaning razor removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will go on super smoothly. Your skincare products will also be more effective, since the product isn’t being blocked by dead skin cells and can penetrate the skin faster.
6. The results can last up to four weeks – The procedure removes three weeks of dead skin cells, so your glow will last all month long. “But since your skin is always growing, you’ll need to schedule an appointment every month or so to maintain your results.
7. You can have this treatment whilst pregnant – Unlike most other facials you can have dermaplaning whist you are pregnant as it only works safely on the surface of the skin (can not have the peel whilst pregnant)